Felonies Are Considered the Most Serious Offenses in the Criminal Law System
Felonies are the charges that can land you in prison in a Fort Worth prison. Most job applications require you to state whether you have any felonies in your past. Anyone facing a felony accusation or charge must find an experienced felony criminal defense lawyer to protect their rights, freedom, and future. Felonies Texas, are distinguished as follows:
- State Jail Felony: 6 months – 2 years in State Jail
- 3rd Degree Felony: 2-10 years TDC
- 2nd Degree Felony: 2-20 years TDC
- 1st Degree Felony: 5-99 years/life TDC
- Capital Felony: Life or Death
Probation is a possibility for many felony offenses.
These are the most common felony offenses:
Call Fort Worth criminal defense attorney Stephen Handy today at (817) 589-2134. And he offers one-on-one, vigorous representation for felony charges in Tarrant County and all surrounding areas.